I felt safe and welcomed by the former management (Bozzuto) of Crystal Park until the new management arrived... this is no longer so! Crystal Park at Waterford, owned by Legacy Partners (in Frederick, MD), has appointed new HORRIBLE management staff (Andreea and Mary). Their horrible treatment to residences is disgusting. I've seen so many complaints and people leaving moving out of apartments due to these new management people. I've witnessed these horrible treatment to residences, and experienced it myself from them. If you own a service/support animal and you let them know, they will tell you that you still need to be charged a pet security deposit - THIS IS AGAINST FEDERAL LAW! Even when told that it is against federal law under the FHA and ADA, they will say "it's our policy to do so", which is again - AGAINST FEDERAL LAW. I've caught them (Andreea and Mary) in so many lies, it's disgusting how they are trying to cover their hides. This information was also sent to their district manager (Tim Bower), who was very unhelpful, never answered my questions or complaints, said he would respond back with answers but never did. I'm under the impression that they know about this law, but choose to ignore it in order to charge for more security deposit. If you have a service/support animal, make sure you know your civil rights and don't let these people take advantage of you. Service/support animals are NOT supposed to be charged pet rent/pet security deposit under one or both of those laws mentioned above. OTHER RENTAL PROPERTIES know about these laws and know the procedures to help current and potential residences, they won't try to swindle you, except the management here at Crystal Park at Waterford. I'm currently living here, but I've put in my notice to vacate to move to a better place with much better management. I can't wait to move out of here! UPDATE: 11/2015 - I moved out on 10/13/15 and left the apartment in good condition. The move-out inspection guy, Jose, did not document anything and proceeded to find faults in the apartment, like high traffic area where their shag-type carpet was flatter than other areas, and discolored walls from sunlight. He considered the high traffic carpet area to be damaged rather than normal wear and tear. He also mentioned that they would attempt to clean the carpet rather than replace them, because the carpet didn't need to be replaced. Soon after moving out we received a letter saying the carpet was replaced and needed to pay $600 for the replacement. There was no attempt to clean the carpet! When confronted in person about this in their office, Jose was going back and forth saying they did not attempt to clean it and saying they did attempt to clean it, but they have no record of such attempts when requested. They also keep giving the run around with discrepancies in information trying to confuse you. If you ask them to provide written/video/audio documentation of what they tell you, they will deny permission because they obviously are hiding information or don't want to be caught in lies!
Every experience I have had here is so far, an ordeal...The leasing consultants are rude, will disregard and major conerns. They do not care about your wellbeing, and will do anything to hush you. The noise from I-70 lasts all day and night, and is causing me to have noise anxiety and depriving me of sleep. Management promised me information about a transfer but I have yet to hear any useful information... The maintenance associates arrive on time, but do not provide a quality job of anything. The interior paint is sloppily done, and the ventilation units were clogged with dust when I moved in, causing possible mold problems in my shower due to lack of proper ventilation. Unit also still smells of cat pee dispute well over two months of trying to get the smell out. But don't bother bringing this this to the managment, as they'll blame everything on you unless you proper documentation.
Managing Owners: LEGACY PARTNERS RESIDENTIAL, INC. *****DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PLACE****** We lived at this property for a year. It was poorly managed and quite frankly falling apart day by day. After leaving Crystal Park Apartments (Frederick Maryland) my husband and I were due a full refund of our security deposit within 3 weeks of moving out, which we have not seen as of yet. It has been 4 weeks, so I ask my husband to contact the front office regarding our deposit. He was told by Donna (Office Manager) that we owed a water bill which was incorrect because we paid all of our rent, water and sewage for the last month before we moved out. Needless to say, Donna was wrong regarding the water bill. So after this fiasco of Crystal Park trying to rip us off, Donna informed my husband the full deposit would be returned within the next two weeks. Unacceptable!!!! So I decided to contact the corporate office regarding my deposit. (WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY) I spoke with an unhelpful Tim Bower (District Manager) and he stated there is nothing he can do about the situation and we would need to wait the two weeks for the deposit.
1. I have never taken the time to write a poor review....but it is deserving. Day one, I was shown the apartment and informed that the room on the first floor (den) with a door to the outside pavilion was a perfect room for my toddler. (Should have been a red flag). Why would someone suggest that a toddler room leading to outside be suitable?
2. They issued me the wrong mail key for 1.5 months and a bad key fob.
3. My toddler was standing right next to me when I pulled my door open and the knob came off and hit her in the face. (Poor maintenance on a recently renovated apt). 4. I came home today and found a court ordered document requesting that I appear in court over unpaid rent? However my rent was paid and my check was cashed by the apartment. I am curious to see how this issue is going to be resolved due to a clerical error. Not one time did they call or email me to ask if there was an issue. At that time I would have provided them with my Carbon Copied Check #355 in the amount of 1460!
5. July 21st, I requested the closet doors be fixed in my daughter’s room. Both closets are off track and could topple on top of her. I was told my request was put in 22 July. I am still waiting. 6. I put in a request to have my drawer looked at because it was getting stuck. I came home the next day and my door was wide open and unsecured. I was also missing a drawer and no one sent me a follow up email. (Hey we are taking your drawer…etc?)
7. I would not recommend living here. It is unsafe and there is very poor communication between management and residents.
I moved in almost a year ago and couldn't ask for lovlier surroundings. I face the tennis court which is used for everything you can think of! Residents meet there with their dogs (hilarious to watch), impromtu soccer games, some roller blading, and even actual tennis! With my windows closed I've never heard anything and, when I'm on my deck, I thoroughly enjoy watching the activity. The apartments are surrounded by beautiful trees and the grounds are well-kept. During the snow storm I found 3 enterprising kids to shovel my car out for me and all of my neighbors have been nice. If you're looking for a quiet environment, this is it. I've never heard noise from other apartments, which is unique. The office staff are always pleasant and maintenance is always responsive. You're allowed to paint your apartment, which I truly appreciated. You're 5 mins from everything but when you turn onto your street, you really feel like you've left the madness! When I was apartment-seeking I depended on reviews so I am paying back the favor!