My wife and I lived there from April 2014 to April 2015. We moved out because our lease was up and rent increased. It happens. The buildings are a little rundown and apartments do need to be updated, but the service from all the staff makes it easier to overlook those areas because they were always helpful, friendly, consistent service, always in the office 7 days a week, and made it feel like home. Last year there was a fire in the apartment complex down the street that is not affiliated with Woodcliffe. It was a bad fire and took out two buildings. The fire was spreading and went across the street and very close to our apartments. Shauna went from door to door to tell people to evacuate, but she got doors shut in her face or people refused to answer. She didn't tell me this. I witnessed it. Not many apartment managers would go above and beyond to take care of their residence. They also hold game nights and other events for residents each month. The Maintenance staff was always efficient and quick with responding and repairing anything that needed to be taken care of. The grounds are always kept nice. The views are amazing. I would recommend this apartment location if anybody is looking to live close to Seattle, but not in the downtown area. It is very convenient to many areas. Keep up the great job.
I moved to Renton, WA from South Florida due to a job opportunity and only had some online reviews to go with for apartments. I have a three year old daughter (1 YO at the time) so the integrity of any place I live is of the utmost importance. Shauna was the one who first helped us back in early 2013. She was pleasant enough over the phone but is quite obnoxious in person. Her demeanor bluntly states that she is annoyed to even have to deal with you. The only office staff member that is remotely helpful is Hira. She has always been straight forward and friendly enough. The property manager Kim is a liar and rude as they come. She lied to my face and changed her story several times in a single conversation because she didn't want to address the root cause of the particular issue I was having. I won't go into many of the general issues I had with the facility as most have been stated here already and most of the issues are common with really any apartment complex. My big issue upon settling up with my final balance was that they charged me for closet doors and smoke detectors. Both of which their maintenance team worked on after service calls. When I went to dispute the claim, Shauna quickly asserted herself rudely and stated that it is impossible that their maintenance crew would have removed the smoke detectors and that Woodcliffe would be responsible for a huge OSHA violation. When the gentleman came a year and a half ago to respond to a service call regarding the false flag carbon monoxide warning we received, the guy told my girlfriend that when the units are to close together, they sometimes trigger false flag alarms. He then removed the units responsible. Also, they removed the closet doors at our request because due to the temperature variations, the wood was causing a snapping effect in the middle of the night that would scare us out of a sound sleep as it was pretty loud. Shauna claims that she will investigate the door incident but bluntly interrupted me and straight up called me a liar when it came to the smoke detectors. She asked me today who was it that serviced the units. Let me be clear, I manage a building of over 100 associates. I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday let alone which member of their team adds or subtracts items from their unit. I was asked to state a name despite the fact they had the work order sitting right in front of them! What am I 12?! I want to also state that I manage a hardware store. If I need or needed smoke or carbon monoxide detectors, all I have to do is walk to the electrical department and buy them for all of five dollars. My gripe is that I was outright treated like complete dirt by Shauna and Kim and called a liar which I do not appreciate and as someone who prides himself on delivering great customer service to my customers and expect my staff to do the same, these people at that office should not Have a job period. And if this review can convince even one person to not sign a lease with these con artists, I consider that a win. TL;DR: Do not rent here.
I cant even fathom rating this place a single star in any respect. First off, barbecues are not allowed. You have one just for storage from a previous place, you will be fined $100 a month on top of rent until you remove it. The landlords are incredibly inept and rude. Black mold is rampant in every building they have, and the best they've told us at the time is just to buy some paint and clean it the best we can. Your heat bills will be outrageous because these 'luxury and modern' apartments have majorly leaky doors, and aluminum framed windows. The vents and fans for the appliances don't actually work, they just make noise. The appliances were outdated in 1980, and the laundry machines are of supremely poor quality. Construction projects are ongoing here, currently the whole park is being repainted and that's taken just about a year to do. Parking is sparse. Landscaping has no care for your vehicles and will blow any old refuse onto your car without regard. Comcast has a monopoly here, you either use them for your entertainment or you suffer poor internet or just no link to the outside world. You will be fined for using satellite! The grounds are too soggy to even think about walking around on. Don't be fooled when the adds say luxury or updated, no joke that this place is just about as section 8 as it can be. The only good thing is that there is low crime, however you will be blamed for your neighbor's smoking, loud noise, and other things. Oh and you can't even work on your cars on the premises, they ask that you go up to the street to do it. The landlords send emails out to 'all' the tenants about these items but have a funny way of targeting you personally when they say that its for everyone to follow. DONT LIVE HERE AND WASTE YOUR MONEY!