Hands down the worst place to live in Folsom. They will suck u dry when u leave. They will overcharge you when leave even if your apartment is spotless. Staff is downright rude and unresponsive about anything that doesnt make money for their blood sucking management. There is virtually no land scaping and spa is dirty.
extremely non responsive staff, i have lived in many apartments this place has got rudest staff and they don't care about residents. always busy with new leases, once you sign the lease and then next moment you are invisible to them.
The apartment I am in is very nice. I am writing this review to mention two things: The rental people are very personable and pleasant. .Especially Inger :--) !! Sherwood Apartments has just updated their Fitness Room. It was good to start with, but now it is really state of the art. It has both aerobic and weight machines. The machines have excellent instructions so that one doesn't need a trainer. They are also very safe so one can work out alone with no danger of hurting himself. And use of it comes with your rent....no charges.
Run for the hills!!!!!....these people are dishonest and treat the their tenants like disposable trash. Now....everybody knows that it is hard to find a good apartment to live in and even harder to find a good management team to run the complex. If you are smart, you will avoid the Sherwood Apts like the plague. They are only out to steal your deposit, treat you with disdain and confuse being rude and callous as good customer service.
So....you ask why is this person so negative about this company? Well, please read on and you will understand my poor experiences.
* Early in 2011, we paid our rent a couple of days early due to our taking a vacation. We submitted the rent check in person, we asked for a receipt and believed everything would be fine.
* Upon our return a notice from Sherwood apartments was found on the ground in front of our apartment threatening us with EVICTION in 5 days if we did not pay our past due rent.
* I went to the office to show the office personnel was signed receipt and they said could not find the check and could we write another one. I said no, it was not my issue that they lost our check. Then further searching turned up that the check was misplaced by the person I gave it to. Michelle Williams (Apt. Manager) told us mistakes happen and not to worry about it and treated us a second class citizens as if we were a bother for her. When I pushed back and said you scared my daughter with your threats of eviction, she took no accountability and basically said that it is corporate policy.
* We paid rent on time or early every month and were treated with contempt and rudeness every time we dealt with Michelle Williams. This is not the first complaint about her. You need to read some reviews on her by other tenants in Google reviews, it is not a pretty picture.
* 30 days prior to the completion of our lease, we presented Sherwood apartments with our written notice to not renew the lease. No contact was made by the office personnel that we needed to do anything beyond providing the written notice. No final walkthrough was performed with us upon turning in our apartment keys. o We were told we did not do anything besides pay for the utility bill for the month of May. That amount was to be subtracted from our Security Deposit. I have this conversation recorded in its entirety on my iPhone (thank god for technology).
* On June 1st, we received a bill for Carpet Damage ($55) for a supposed Pet stain. We did not own a pet nor did any pets ever visit the apartment. (As noted above, we have pictures, does Sherwood...not). We also received a bill for $86.42 for utilities, when the monthly utility bill was $31/month. How does that math work that we owe a non-multiple of $31? At a maximum, I could see it being $62 (April & May). We were assessed a Cleaning Charge of $95 (light clean). We vacuumed the apartment and cleaned all of the appliances, sinks, toilet and shower. We have pictures, I guarantee they did not take any. By chance, in those pictures I took, several show the Comet and Rubbing alcohol as well as the Vacuum cleaner in the background......
We have notified the owner of the Apartment, Riverstone Residential Group of our concerns, but no response has come from them feigning even the slightest interest in how poorly their residents are being treated. I did open up an BBB case today....so we will see where that takes us.
There are too many other choices of places to live that will treat you fairly and honestly, therefore, you would be smart to tell your friends and family that SHERWOOD APTs is a place to stay away from at all costs