Looking for a clean, considerate, and responsible housemate to share a 2 bedroom 1 bath condo conveniently located in downtown Newcastle. Super convenient for college students and workers alike -- the 240 Metro bus line stops right outside the neighborhood, and we're across the street from a QFC and Safeway. The Newcastle Library is also nearby, and we're walking distance from Lake Boren Park, a YMCA, plus Taiwanese, Thai, Mexican restaurants + wood fired pizza truck. We have numerous forest trails surrounding the area so expect lots of trees in this quiet community.
The room is about 10ft x 11ft and includes a decent size closet. The shared bathroom is clean and sits directly across from the bedrooms. Living room has a super comfy recliner couch and 55in TV with Netflix, Amazon, and HBO. Kitchen, while on the small side, offers space for shared food storage. Washer and dryer in unit.
Rent is $815/month + utilities. Fortunately, we only pay for electric and internet here, and together they run about $40-60 per person per month, depending on the season.
What I'm looking for in a housemate/house rules:
- Pays rent on time (due the 1st of each month)
- Is VERY clean. Please, no unwashed dishes in sink for days on end and you clean up after cooking.
- No high heat frying that leaves oil all over kitchen and our clothes smelling like a fast food drive thru
- Absolutely no smoking of any sort. This includes outdoor smoking. If you're a smoker, sorry, can't take you.
- Respectful of a shared space and shared walls. This means keeping a normal, regular schedule and keeping music, etc volume at a reasonable volume.
- This is not a party space. The cabana can be rented out should you need it, though.
- As a community rule, no laundry after 10pm as the neighbors can hear it.
- Say hi and smile - it goes a long way!
We also have a covered balcony that I have yet to furnish, so I'm totally open to your ideas for making it a more usable space.
Cabana/clubhouse area features an outdoor pool, basketball court, indoor hot tub, indoor racketball court, and exercise room. You'll even have an assigned carport should you need it.
WHO AM I?
Early 30s male teacher originally from the East Coast who loves exploring the natural beauty of the PNW at every chance. Weekends are a mix of cooking, hiking, catching a movie at the theater, and spending time with my girlfriend. As for weekdays, I have a variable teaching schedule so I may be working morning or evenings depending on the season. Between classes I like to unwind with a movie, Netflix show, or docuseries. You're welcome to join in on these -- I hope a housemate can be more than just a body filling a room.
Please send an email with a description about yourself, why you're looking for a place, and what you do in your free time. As per the landlord's requirement, future housemate must pay $40 for a background check. Deposit is $500, and only first month's rent is due up front. 12 month lease with a July 1 move in.
Lease details: One year preferred, but negotiable with potentially higher rent depending on situation.