I've lived here for about a year. No major problems. The few maintenance requests I've put in have been dealt with quickly. The apartment was clean enough when we moved in, and the complex is pleasant. Also, the price and proximity to unm are both pretty terrific, and we're really close to a nice trail so I can go biking every day.
The worst management. Apartment got broken into and they charged me to get it fixed. My neighbors pipes broke and it ruined my ceiling. Thwy never fixed it. So glad that I moved out of this awful establishment.
I am counting the days until my lease is up. Not even kidding, I have a countdown widget on the very front of my cellphone that reminds of the days as they descend. This complex should be condemned and the employs not only fired, but prosecuted by law. If you are foolish enough to be tricked into renting a room in this place such as I, I feel sorry, but know that in reading this review, you have had FAIR WARNING. This place is trash, maintenance is a complete joke, every staff member lies with a different story as to why things are in shambles as they are while they play games on their computers, eat, and laugh at the expense of residents who have to endure third world conditions. Scheduled an appointment to check these apartments out? Na, run north, there are much more affordable options in the north valley with none of the hassle you are sure to encounter here..
This entire apartment complex is infested with cockroaches, and what I mean here is no, it is not city cockroaches passing through, but rather a full blown infestation within the walls of the complex. While you sleep at night, billions live and breed within your very walls. The pool is almost always green in color and while kids are not supposed to be unaccompanied without an adult, do roam freely in the pool, acting in a manner quit distasteful to anyone around. Back when I lived there, in late 2014, there were black widow nests in the stairwell. I informed the property management about the venomous nests hanging above the heads of my children, but they did not care. Things break, this is life, but in Netherwood village, things CONSTANTLY break, and when they do it will take maintenance a week to come by just to see what the problem is. The next few days will be spent without a shower as the "maintenance crew" bangs on pipes with a hammer as if that ever solved anything. They will take their time, putzing around before admitting they know nothing and call in an actual plumber. The staff in the office doesn't give a damn, they sit in their chairs and play angry birds, and surf facebook while collecting a very very easy paycheck. Countless times I have gone in there, only to have those very rude, individuals lie through their teeth with excuses. The gym is disgusting and please understand when I say that, it is for lack of a better word. There is LEGITIMATELY crud caked onto all of the machines, the floors are stained brown, and there is ALWAYS food lingering about.. why anyone would eat in a gym is beyond me, why anyone would eat in THIS gym is even so.. A neighbor of ours was robbed of their television, and some other items while away. I felt terrible in that it happened right next door while I myself was home, and I did not notice. Burglars are whiley like that.. anyway my neighbors went into the office to get a copy of the video camera feed from the day but was very sternly warned that the cameras are for official office use only! What? What purpose are security cameras if not to be used to catch criminals? The washing machines are gross, and the elevator looks as though someone vomited onto the walls twenty years ago, and no one bothered to clean it up. Avoid these apartments at all cost, it is quite the atrocity and I am surprised someone hasn't sued the crap out of the owners over a laundry list of issues that had occurred to others in the time I was there.
This is the worst place you could live. My apartment got broken into twice, my car got broken into. The management is terrible they personal told me. The residents safety is not there responsibly. They never fixed anything that went wrong in my apartment. Horrible horrible place!!